About Our Spa
At Hairknowlogy/Earthmuffin Salon and Spa we adhere to the principal of Earth friendly products and services.
We offer our own exclusive line of hair care that was developed especially for this region of the US. We care about the health of not only our clients but also the staff working with us.
Most of our product lines are offered in high end Spa and retail stores, and essential oils are used to blend many treatments that we offer to our clients.
We search for products that result from cottage industries that grew by simple demand from conscientious individuals concerned with their own health and that of their families.
We hope to continue this tradition as we grow.
For Your Best Spa Experience
- Please let us know, at any time during your visit, if you are in need of anything or we could be doing something better. We welcome any comments or suggestions.
- Arrival: Please arrive 15-30 minutes prior to your appointment time to relax and prepare yourself. We regret that late arrivals will not receive their full appointment time.
- You have the option of changing into a comfy robe and spa sandals before your spa service For Your Comfort: Standards of draping with sheets and towels are used to ensure modesty and comfort for both you and your service provider. Guests at The Spa are required to be 18 years of age or older. Guests under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Though we encourage wellness for all ages, to respect the relaxation of our adult guests and the safety of the children, children are not allowed in treatment areas unless they are receiving a spa service.
- Chemical Sensitivities: People today (including some of our staff) have sensitivities to perfumes, cologne, hair care products and heavily scented body care products. We ask that you respect these issues by not wearing perfumes or scented products and not applying them while in a treatment room. Our Spa does use pure aromatherapy oils rather than synthetic products in our services for this reason, but please let our front desk know of any allergies or sensitivities when making your appointment so we can refrain from any scents for your treatment.
- If you are pregnant or believe you may be, please inform us when scheduling your appointments. Some services may be contra-indicated for pregnant women, especially within the first trimester of a pregnancy. Though treatments are simply wonderful for an expectant mother we suggest getting your doctor's approval before making an appointment. We incorporate a bed with breast cut outs for your sensitive comfort level that can be utilized during treatments.
- Some services such as massage and body treatments are intended to detoxify your system, however, detoxifying treatments can result in headaches and tiredness due to the elimination of toxins from the body. For this reason, it is important to refrain from alcohol or caffeinated products before or after your spa service and to drink plenty of water to help speed the elimination process and flush toxin from the body. We use professional skin and body care products for our treatments and suggest at-home use to ensure the continuation of results long after your visit with us.
- Spa Reservations: All services are by reservation and are based on availability. We require reservations with a credit card, gift card or prepayment for all services.
- Cancellation Policy: We require a 24 hour notice of cancellation or service/time change of an appointment. We will charge 50% of the value of your service/s cancellations or 'no-shows' of less than 24 hours. Sometimes there are emergency situations that require last minute cancellations; we take that seriously into consideration.
- If you must have your cellular phone or pager with you, please set these devices to ring on 'silent'. We also ask that any cellular phone conversations, including any texting, be held outdoors so that other guests are not disturbed.
- Personal food and beverages are not allowed, including alcoholic beverages. If you are interested in food or beverages for your group event, party or special occasion, please contact us and we will arrange the venue.
- Gratuities: Tips are not included in our service prices and are left to your discretion.
- Smoke Free Environment: We ensure a healthy environment for our clients, guests, and staff*